We want City Council of Dallas and other cities to hold DART Board members ACCOUNTABLE for DART moving in the wrong direction. Cities contribute 1% of Sales Tax to Fund DART – Total pay $600 million per year and Dallas $300 million which is same amount Dallas pays Fire Dept. This is our residents’ money.
Here is a sample letter that YOU can send to the Dallas mayor, Dallas City Council members, Interim Dallas City Attorney, Assistant Dallas City Manager and DART board members. Demand that DART Staff be held accountable to City of Dallas resolutions, DART board policies and Texas Transportation Code Chapter 452!
Have landscaping prices gone up significantly? Is DART paying $16,800 for a tree as a Betterment option for the Cotton Belt?
It appears all of the Betterment options are way above market pricing.
- Take UBER – Less expensive per ride & over 2-3x quicker
- Technology – Change is good, ex: autonomous cars. Bad idea, 30 year old rail idea.
- DART will subsidize over $17,000 per year for a worker to take it during work-week
- The cost to build Cotton Belt $1.1 billion is as expensive as Cowboys Texas Stadium
- More people will visit Cowboys 8 Home Games than Ride Cotton Belt entire year
- Lower MPG rating per rider than Cadillac Escalade on Highway with 1 Person
- Residents will Subsidize “Freight” since the rail will not have enough Riders
- Repair DART – Since 2008, Ridership is down 8% while costs +50% or $230 million.
- Bus ridership is down 30%
- Debt at DART is up $1.4 billion to $3.6 billion.
Focus on Ridership, Reduce Subsidy per Ride, Safety. Keep it simple and install new management if cannot adhere to this policy
DART posted huge misses on 2018 budget ridership but prides themselves on 20 year forecast.
It is your $300 million that you are paying to DART each year and we want an increasing Return for Our Money.
1. Dart Board of Directors - Call or Email them to hold them Accountable to Improve Ridership and Lower Costs. DART Board votes on large projects like the Cotton Belt
a. Dart Board of Directors can STOP the Cotton Belt
b. Dart Board of Directors can Initiate a Plan to increase Ridership, Lower Subsidy per Passenger and Improve Safety
c. Dart Board of Directors can change DART CEO if he does not act in best interest of Residents
Dallas - Chair: Sue Bauman email@example.com
Dallas: Ray Jackson RJackson4@dart.org
Dallas: Patrick Kennedy PJKennedy@dart.org
Dallas: Jon-Bertrell Killen firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas: Michele Wong Krause email@example.com
Dallas: Amanda Moreno firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas: Dominique P. Torres email@example.com
Dallas, Cockrell Hill: Eliseo Ruiz IIIeruiz@dart.org
Garland: Jonathan R. Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
Irving: Rick Stopfer email@example.com
Plano: Paul N. Wagemanpn firstname.lastname@example.org
Multiple: Gary Slagel email@example.comCarrollton,
Irving: Doug Hrbacek firstname.lastname@example.org
Multiple: Lissa Smith email@example.com
Multiple: Marck C. Enoch firstname.lastname@example.org
2. City Council Members – Call or Email them to hold them Accountable to Improve Ridership and Lower Costs. City Council Members vote for the DART Board
a. City Council Members can vote to change the DART Board
b. City Council Members can provide info to change DART Board Views
District 1: Chad West Chad.West@dallascityhall.com 214-670-0776
District 2: Adam Medrano email@example.com 214-670-4048
District 3: Casey Thomas, II firstname.lastname@example.org 214-670-0777
District 4: Carolyn King Arnold District4@DallasCityHall.com 214-670-0781
District 5: Jaime Resendez email@example.com 214-670-4052
District 6: Omar Narvaez Laura.Cadena@dallascityhall.com 214-670-4199
District 7: Adam Bazaldua firstname.lastname@example.org 214-670-4689
District 8: Tennell Atkins email@example.com 214-670-4066
District 9: Paula Blackmon District9@dDallasCityHall.com 214-670-4069
District 10: Adam McGough firstname.lastname@example.org 214-670-4068
District 11: Lee Kleinman email@example.com 214-670-7817
District 12: Cara Mendelsohn firstname.lastname@example.org 214-670-4067
District 13: Jennifer S. Gates email@example.com 214-670-3816
District 14: David Blewett firstname.lastname@example.org 214-670-5415
3. Mayor, Eric Johnson – Call or Email Eric to hold him accountable and take action for Transportation in city of Dallas
a. Vote new Resolution for Dallas To Withdraw Support for the Cotton Belt
b. Vote to create a transportation plan to increase ridership, lower subsidy per passenger and improve safety
Mayor: Eric Johnson email@example.com 214-670-3301
Subscribe below for updates or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Addison, Carrollton, Cockrell Hill, Dallas, Farmers Branch, Garland, Glenn Heights, Highland Park, Irving, Richardson, Rowlett, Plano, University Park